THRIVE Center Services
The safety and well-being of our clients, donors, staff, and volunteers is one of our top priorities. We are working to limit any potential risk by postponing and rescheduling in-person meetings and events. THRIVE services are being administered remotely via phone, email or Zoom. See below for more information. If you need immediate assistance, please call 211.
What is United Way THRIVE?
This FREE program helps individuals and families whose household income is $62,000 and below annually and are committed to working with their coaches to reach their financial stability goals. Personalized coaching helps increase income, manage and eliminate debt, improve career opportunities, build savings, and acquire assets. Services include:
- Financial and employment counseling
- Vocational and career pathway training opportunities
- Assistance with registration process at local community colleges
- Screening for community resources and benefits
- Financial and job readiness workshops
- Computer resource room for job search and resume writing
New Client Intake Form
Completing this intake application is the first step to a better financial future. The information below will be collected and shared with our coaching team in order to tailor the program services to your individual needs. For the health and safety of our staff and community, all services at this time will be administered remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our THRIVE coaches will communicate with you within 48 business hours by phone, text, video, or email. Expect to receive separate communications from each of our three coaches.
Request Further Information
If you would like more information regarding our program services, complete the information request form or call (281) 210-0950. Se habla español. A member of our coaching team will contact you to answer any questions you may have. Take the first step to a better financial future!
The Montgomery County Service Center supports free tax preparation as a key component of United Way THRIVE. In the last ten years, we've helped 118,000 families claim $468.5 million in refunds. If your annual income is $58,000 or less, you qualify for free tax preparation with help from an IRS certified tax preparer.
- By appointment only- schedule here https://ntcappointment.as.me/schedule.php
- A face mask is required for anyone in our buildings
- Services include:
- Tax returns and Amendment
- Free e-filing & direct deposit
- ITIN applications and renewals
1. Visit GetYourRefund to start
2. Choose to “File your taxes with help”
3. Answer questions to verify your identity and basic information about your finances
4. Upload documents such as ID, W-2’s, 1099, 1095-A
5. Phone review and tax preparation. You’ll be contacted by one of our IRS certified tax preparers
6. Submit your tax return with our help (we’ll give you an electronic copy)
*Our current operating hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm through telecommunication services.
Super Tax Day
Each year during tax season, United Way Montgomery County Center hosts a Super Tax Day with free tax preparation services and resource fair. Montgomery County residents earning up to $58,000/year can get their taxes prepared for free by a trained tax specialist.