United Way Project Blueprint trains tomorrow's nonprofit board leadership, ensuring that Greater Houston's nonprofit sector reflects the rich diversity of our community.
A blueprint for diversity in board leadership
It's a reality that nonprofit boards lack diversity. Less than 15% of U.S. nonprofit board members are people of color. United Way Project Blueprint works to change that reality for Greater Houston.
What is United Way Project Blueprint?
This unique program prepares emerging and current leaders in our multicultural community for leadership roles on nonprofit and public sector boards and committees.
The group meets regularly for about two months of curriculum sessions, starting with a retreat and culminating in a graduation.
Why should you apply? Participants gain:
- Leadership skills that translate to for-profit and nonprofit settings
- Deeper awareness of community challenges
- Connection to like-minded professionals
- Opportunities for placement on nonprofit boards of directors
- Alumni network of more than 900 graduates
Want more information? Download the 2020 Candidate Flyer & FAQs.
NOTE: Information sessions for the 2021 cohort will be scheduled in late Fall 2020.