Project Undercover Frequently Asked Questions
How do I host a drive?
- Identify a person from your organization to lead Project Undercover efforts.
- Decide when to kick off and conclude your Project Undercover drive, between June 15-July 31.
- United Way will provide collection baskets and coordinate with you on drop-off and pick-up.
- Determine how and where people can drop off new socks and underwear.
- Have fun communicating Project Undercover to your colleagues. Get teams to compete!
What size are the collection baskets provided by United Way?
United Way can provide Project Undercover pop-up laundry baskets to be used at your collection points. They are approximately 13”x13”x22”. We recommend at least one basket at each collection location (building or collection point like a breakroom).
Who receives Project Undercover donations?
Students in kindergarten through 12th grade across the Greater Houston area in United Way funded programs receive the donated items at the start of the school year. Each year we work with United Way partners in our four county service area (Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, and Waller counties) to ensure students and families receive these essential items as part of back-to-school efforts.
What items can I donate to Project Undercover?
Brand new, unopened packages of socks and underwear from children to adult sizes.
What sizes of socks and undies are needed most?
Adult sizes are the greatest need for Project Undercover. Many students in high school, and sometimes middle school, need adult size basic items and are often forgotten.
How long do I run my drive?
Project Undercover drives can run for any length of time between June 15 and July 31. Typically companies or organizations run a focused drive for about two weeks.