Cleaning Up

Clean-Up Assistance

Who: Harris County Precinct 4 Commissioner’s Office
What: Debris Drop-Off (Sheetrock, insulation, and flooring accepted. Household hazardous waste and large appliances with Freon are not allowed. No contractors.)
Where: 13928 Humble Rd, Tomball, TX 77375
When: Mondays – Saturdays 7:00 am – 6:30 pm 

Debris Management

Debris should be placed curbside, without blocking the roadway or storm drains. Here is a simple guide from Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management on how to separating your debris.

Click here for debris drop-off information and locations in Harris County.

Who: Harris County Precinct 2
What: Storm Debris Drop-Off
Where: Pep Mueller Community Center, 14750 Henry Rd Houston, TX 77060
When: Sun - Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Who: Harris County Precinct 1 
What Storm Debris Drop Off 
Where: Miller Rd Camp, 15530 Miller Road 1, Houston, TX 77049
When: Sun - Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Who: Missouri City (Fort Bend and Harris County)
What: The City is contracting with WCA Waste Corp. to establish debris pick up for Missouri City residents in Harris County and residents citywide who live in restricted access communities.
When: To ensure pick up, residents must place their winter storm debris at the curb by 7 a.m. on the next four Saturdays: March 6, 13, 20 & 27.
Missouri City citizens who are in non-restricted Fort Bend County neighborhoods, must schedule debris pick up through the County by calling 281.238.3499 or emailing
Extra: For details on what items are considered debris and to see if your neighborhood is part of the new  debris service contract, please call their customer service at 281.403.5800.

Water Safety After a Flood

If you are on a Public Water System (PWS), your municipality, water utility, or system owner will notify you of any unsafe drinking water conditions in the system and provide directions on what you can do to prevent exposure.

For issues concerning your home’s water system including quality of water, drainage, and retention concerns, or sewage back-up, contact your home’s city or MUD operator.

Property assistance

  • The National Flood Insurance Program answers questions for policyholders about the claims process at 800-621-3362
  • Search for your insurance company contact information here to make property loss claims.
  • To find a towed car, click here or call 832-394-4869.
  • provides advice on replacing vital documents.
  • The Texas Department of Insurance has advice on what to do if your home or auto was damaged, the insurance claims process, and contractor fraud prevention, Call 1-800-252-3439 or click here.