Here are a few easy steps to help you plan and lead your United Way campaign.
How to Run a Workplace Campaign
- Energize your campaign by learning about the work of United Way, recruiting a team for your company’s campaign, and setting your strategy and goals.
- Inspire employees to see the impact they make by holding a kickoff rally to showcase United Way’s work, asking someone who has benefitted from United Way to share their story, or sharing United Way’s videos and stories.
- Engage employees in our work through events, bus tours and tours of the 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE, Day of Caring projects, communications, and opportunities to learn about leadership giving.
- Ask everyone to give, and ask those who can to make a leadership gift.
- Thank everyone for their generous support. Send thank you letters or hold a celebration to recognize donors. Don’t forget to provide a complete list of leadership donors and close out your campaign with your United Way representative.
Visit our Campaign Toolbox for ideas, brochures, stories and more campaign resources.